The Lowest Common Denominator

I recently finished a week-long business trip. On the first leg of the flight out, the first thing one of the stewardesses announced in the air was that there was a “peanut allergy” onboard so we’d have no peanut snacks.

I’ve never been on a plane where this was announced though I’m pretty sure that of the hundred or more flights I’ve been on there were some folks onboard that were allergic to peanuts.

Okay, there were still cookies and pretzels available (until the ‘wheat allergy’ onboard squawks in their desire for victim equivalency fame).

Now here’s where things get completely absurd. I had a bag of toffee peanuts and one of the stews made me stop eating them. I wasn’t sharing them or throwing them at anyone but peanuts had become verboten.

Maybe I should have pulled a Dr. Dao and challenged the stewardess’s control.

This is where the nanny state and the victimhood society are out of control. We’re being driven by the desire to accommodate lowest common denominators. We have 1% driving the activities of the other 99%. (Wow, that sounds suspiciously like gay marriage and gender confused people policies as well).

I’m (deathly) allergic to aspirin, yet I do not expect the world to stop and cater to my problem. I watch out and check products and go on my merry way.

Yet somehow, “Peanut Allergy” demands the world grind to a halt and cater to them.

Hey, “Peanut Allergy,” there are peanuts at the airport we’re heading to and I’ve heard there are peanuts in most every city you’re likely to visit — at least until the next Democrat administration begins the great peanut purge (and begins funding nonallergic peanut substitute research).

As a society, driven by liberalism, we’re heading downhill. People no longer seem to be able to take care of themselves but rely on authorities to take care of them, to protect them… from life itself. If they have any kind of weakness, no matter how minor or peripheral, they demand accommodation rather than putting up with their problem in an attitude of humility and wishing to not inconvenience others.

The modern libtard snowflake mentality is to inconvenience as many people as possible. It’s tied in with their intolerance of dissenting views. They expect everyone to be like them and any deviation must be crushed — even if it is the vast majority of people.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s